Sunday, August 19, 2007

IT'S NOT HARD... IT'S CHALLENGING...


I used this phrase with my children many times while they were growing up and encountering 'one of life's little difficulties'. It always seemed to cast a positive light on the situation and they slowly came to the realization that really nothing is insurmountable if the desire to succeed is present. Now I find myself thinking about this concept as I attempt to knit this aran baby sweater... "It's not hard... it's challenging".


I love knitting... I love having the ability to create something out of nothing... I love being challenged in such a unique way...


P.S. During an interview a few years ago, someone asked my son what was the most important thing that anyone had taught him... Guess what it was? "It's not hard... it's challenging". 10/02/04

No comments: